Why Cold Brew Coffee?
Cold brewed coffee has a much better flavor when compared to traditionally brewed hot coffee because it is up to 67% less acidic. Less acid allows you to taste all the flavors that you should be tasting in your coffee. You will be amazed at the chocolaty, roasty, smoothness that you have been missing out on by hot brewing your favorite coffee.
What you’ll need:
- Coarse Ground Coffee: 1 - 1 1/2 cups
- Cold Water: 3 - 3 1/2 cups
- French Press
How to Cold Brew:
Using a standard 8 Cup French Press
- Add 4 Oz of coarse ground coffee to the bottom of the French Press.
- Pour 3 cups of cold or room temp water over the grounds gently.
- Gently stir to get all of the grounds wet.
- Let sit for 14-16 hours at room temperature (I do it overnight).
- Press and strain into covered jar or vessel for storing your cold brew in your refrigerator.
You now have a cold brew concentrate.
Serving Cold Brewed Iced Coffee
- Pour one part coffee concentrate into a glass and add 1 part water (or to taste).
- Add desired amount of ice.
- Add cream, sugar, and stir. Or just enjoy the ridiculously smooth cold brewed coffee!
- Pour one part coffee into a coffee mug and add 1 part water.
- Place in microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Add cream, sugar, and stir. Or just enjoy the ridiculously smooth hot (cold brewed) coffee!
Are you ready to start brewing larger batches of cold brew? You can order our Cold Brew Blend and give it a try!